Meadow Grass Seed
The main mixture is designed for areas where you want to create a Wild Meadow Grass Seed natural area but maybe do not want to include wild flowers in it. The meadow grass mix includes 10 different species. They should complement each other giving a wide flowering season over early summer.
The grasses are attractive and should be left to grow out during the summer and then cut back in early autumn.
The seed rate we suggest for small areas is 10 grams to the sq metre. If you are planting a large area and want to leave room for wild flowers to flourish naturally. Then we suggest you decrease the seed rate to 5 grams to the square metre.
There is also a list of the 10 wild meadow grass seeds individually. If wish to buy one of these, you can also do that.
Please note dispatch on seeds is about 1 to 2 working days at present.
Meadow Grass Seed Mix for Wild Areas SKU: AG-WMG
- Sow Spring or Autumn. Contains 10 different grass species. Plant at 10 grams to the sq metre. Attractive grass meadow
Starting at £4.15
Cocksfoot Grass Seed SKU: AF-CO
- Suits dry conditions; Sow in Autumn or Spring; Seed rate 10 grams to the sq metre; Useful additions to a seed mix
Starting at £12.50
Common Browntop Bent Grass Seed SKU: AG-BE
- Short perennial grass used for bowling green lawns; Low feed value; Sow Spring or Autumn; Seed rate 10 grams to the sq metre
Starting at £28.00
Meadow Foxtail Grass Seed SKU: AG-MF
- Suits wetland areas; Remains green throughout the year; Sow in autumn or Spring; Seed rate 10 grams to the square metre
Starting at £39.00
Smooth Stalk Meadow Grass Seed SKU: AG-SSMG
- Suits light to fertile soils; Good for hay and grazing; Sow in Autumn or Spring; Seed rate 10 grams to the square metre
Starting at £14.75
Timothy Grass Seed SKU: AF-TI
- Perennial grass which is very palatable to Livestock
- Copes with most soils, best on heavier moist soils
- Seed rate 10 grams to the sq metre.
- Sow in Spring or Autumn.
Starting at £14.50