Urban Pollinator Seed Mixes
These are a range of annual seed mixes using wild flowers from around the world. They have been made popular by Councils. They offer a long season with a wide and dramatic range of exotic colours. They should be sown in the spring from March through to May.
They are quick to grow and can provide a long colourful flowering season over the summer. This long flowering season is very beneficial to all natural pollinators such as Bees.
We have four mixes & three of the most popular species available as straights. Sow at 3 grams to the square metre. They flower throughout the summer. Species such as Cosmos. California Poppy and the French Marigold. These mixes will generally just last one season. On this page also is listed Borage and Sainfoin attractive plants much loved by bees.
Best suited to fertile conditions. Sown into ground which has been cleared of competition and which is a fine level seed bed.
To see full details of the mixtures click on the relevant description below.
Looking for tips & advice? Click me...
We have a number of articles and news stories that you may find of interest about this product. Whether it's general advice on how best to sown, plant or prepare plants, or specific articles about this particular product, we're sure you'll something useful in the articles below...
- Wide range of annual wildflowers around the world.
- Colourful display that lasts for a long season.
- Benefits Bees and Butterflies.
- Sow March though to May.
- Quick to grow long flowering season
- Magical colourful display like a candy shop
- Very attractive and beneficial to Bees
- Sow March to May.
- Annual mix off exotic yellow, orange flowers
- Sow March to May.
- Has a long flowering season.
- Sow at 3 grams to the sq metres.
- Sow at 3 grams to the sq metre;
- Rainbow effect of colours over summer;
- Sow March through to May;
- Quick to grow long flowering season;
- Cosmos are branching annuals
- Ferny foliage and pink, crimson, or white flowers
- Suits full sun and moderately fertile,
- Likes moist but well-drained soil.
- Californian Poppy (Single flower mix)
- Sow March to May or August to September.
- Range of colours in the mix.
- Likes well drained soils.
- An old-fashioned flower that has a long history
- Ornamental garden plant and a herb.
- Mix of oranges, lemon and cream colours,
- Marigold can adapt to almost any soil.
- Sow March to April
- Very Attractive to Bees
- Prefers Light well drained sunny conditions
- Sow at 3 grams to sq metre
Sainfoin Seed - WF-SAI
- A perennial once established will come back year after year
- Very attractive to bees and butterflies
- Seed rate 10 grams to the sq metre
- Sow in autumn