Sparrow Terrace Nest Box SKU: WBF013
- Help Declining sparrow population; Fixed Roof; Designed in the UK by professional ornithologists; Each terrace can accommodate three pairs of sparrows
Sparrow Terrace Nest Box
- Help the declining sparrow population by putting up one of these bird boxes designed especially for house sparrows.
- Fixed roof to enable the bird nesting box to be fitted right up in the eaves just where the sparrows prefer.
- These bird nesting boxes are constructed from precision cut FSC certified wooden panels treated with water based environmentally friendly preservative.
- Each terrace can accommodate three pairs of sparrows nesting together
In the last few decades the population of house sparrows has declined dramatically. Our sparrow terrace has been designed to provide much-needed nesting places for our endangered House Sparrows. House sparrows nest colonially so up to three pairs may be attracted to, and nest in the bird box.
Whilst the box may appear to be a standard "3 in a row" terrace it can be reconfigured into three separate boxes or into different shapes depending on the shape of the wall on which you wish to fit it (or simply what you prefer). You also have the ability to expand your terrace by simply purchasing one of our House Sparrow Nest Boxes and fitting it onto the end of the sparrow terrace. The box is the ideal size and dimensions for house sparrows with a 32mm entrance hole. It features a fixed roof which enables the box to be fitted right up at the eaves just where the sparrows prefer. The box is easy to fit with concealed keyholes at the back of the box (easy to reach with a screwdriver through the entrance holes). Each box has slide out floor with drainage holes to enable easy cleaning at the end of the nesting season.
The box is constructed from precision cut FSC certified external grade European birch plywood and has been treated with an environmentally friendly preservative which is kind to the birds but helps to ensure a long lasting dry comfortable nest box.